Questions & Answers
WHO FOUNDED ZEOFILL?
- BRIAN PIERCE THE FOUNDER OF ZEOFILL HAD INSTALLED ZEOLITE IN SYNTHETIC TURF SINCE 2001. HE HAS BEEN DRINKING ZEOFILL ZEOLITE SINCE 2008 WHEN HE WAS INTRODUCED TO KMI ZEOLITE (THE PUREST ZEOLITE IN THE WORLD). BEFORE PURCHASING PRODUCT AT KMI, BRIAN HAD USED EVERY ZEOLITE FOR HIS TURF PROJECTS FROM EVERY MINE IN THE WESTERN REGION OF THE USA. HE HAS HAD SEVERAL ISSUES WITH THESE OTHER ZEOLITES IN THE PAST CAUSING TURF WARRANTY ISSUES UNTIL HE STUMBLED ONTO KMI ZEOLITE. "KMI IS THE ONLY ZEOLITE MINE WHICH HAS WORKED 100% WITHOUT FAIL" HE SAID. HE MARKETED ZEOFILL IN 2008 AND HAS NEVER HAD A TURF WARRANTY ISSUE. BRIAN AND THE PRESIDENT OF KMI ZEOLITE - CONRAD HAVE WORKED HAND IN HAND TO PROVIDE THE BEST ZEOLITE POSSIBLE FOR USE IN SYNTHETIC TURF. THEY HAVE TESTED DIFFERENT MESH SIZES TO PROVIDE A BETTER INSTALLATION EXPERIENCE.
HOW SAFE IS ZEOFILL?
ZEOFILL IS THE BEST ZEOLITE FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION PER DR. GARRY GORDON.
-Our zeolite is the only product Dr Garry Gordon uses in his human consumption product (ZeoGold™). It is used by humans (added as powder about 150 mg/ea to water, juice or other soft drink) and functions as an immune enhancement, nutrient supplement.
NOTE: This is informational only - ZeoFill does not endorse or sell ZeoGold.
WHAT IS THE SIZE OF YOUR TOTE BAGS / SUPER SACKS?
ZeoFill comes in 2200 lb metric ton in white super sacks
ARE PALLETS NEEDED WITH THE TOTE BAGS / SUPER SACKS?
Pallets not required on flat bed trailers. If you are using a box van trailer, there will be a $8.50 per pallet charge for plain wood pallets. If your country requires pressure treated or plastic pallets, then this will need to quoted.
WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE ZEOFILL GRANULE AND WHY USE ZEOFILL INSTEAD OF ANY ZEOLITE PRODUCT?
12 X 20 mesh. We have strategically made these granules this size to provide the longest lifespan with synthetic turf and to reduce zeodust particles. We triple screen our ZeoFill and provide a stringent QC protocol to monitor and inspect material coming out of the plant. We continue to provide all necessary regulated documents needed for continued state / county safety requirements.
Competitors pricing may be less expensive due not only are they a lesser quality zeolite and/or their zeolite may or may not last in your turf project. Some zeolite mines have too soft or too hard Mohs hardness. Most use a 14 X 40 mesh which is a smaller granule which will not last in your synthetic turf project. Only ZeoFill has the right consistency to last in your turf.
DOES ZEOFILL WORK BETTER WITH CERTAIN TYPES OF SYNTHETIC TURF, AND IF SO WHICH ONE?
- Yes. ZeoFill works best with a dense carpet and pad underlayment. We have developed a system with LA Parks and Astroturf that have build a specific carpet to house and preform at FIFA 2 level pitches. Attached is the product cut sheet. However, we have used the product in standard turf system as well. Our best results have been seen in the denser turf system. We are not specific to Astroturf, they have just done the most development with the turf and ZeoFill together at this point.
DOES ZEOFILL REQUIRE A SAND INFILL BEFORE IT?
- No. We have done a project that utilizes both and we recommend the sand on bottom and ZeoFill on top to obtain the cooling effects.
CAN ZEOFILL BE USED AS THE FIRST INFILL LAYER, AND THEN HAVE SOIL WITH GRASS SEEDS TO GERMINATE ON TOP OF IT TO GIVE A HYBRID PITCH?
- Zeofill is used as soil amendment, your process of the installation would depend on the soil conditions its being mixed into.
HOW BEST TO MAINTAIN A PITCH WITH ZEOFILL AND HOW BEST TO MAINTAIN A HYBRID PITCH WITH ZEOFILL & SOIL?
- Both surfaces are the same maintenance as they are now. Adding, ZeoFill does not change your process.
HAVE YOU SEEN OR GOT ANY EXPERIENCE OF SUCH RETRO FILL SOLUTIONS WHERE THE OLD PITCH WAS KEPT BUT THE INFILL WAS CHANGED FROM RUBBER TO ZEOFILL?
- We have done the removal process many times on older pitches. The issue is age of the turf that controls the process. Most fields over 5-6 years old the fibers are to broken down to get the infill back in once removed. The other concern for replacing the rubber is that you have to ensure you have an underlying pad beneath the turf to install ZeoFill back into the existing turf system. The ZeoFill is a wonderful product for infill, but does not offer shock absorption as does rubber, so the pad being below the turf is crucial and controls the process of moving forward. It maybe more cost effective to remove and replace and invest the removal process monies toward new turf that contains no rubber. Going back to natural grass is done very rarely and cost more money than replacing the turf with proper system to ensure no rubber and safety.